Friday, September 24, 2010

Sprouts!

 We've been eating a lot of sprouts and I've had this handy dandy sprouting screen forever, so I thought I'd put it to use and stop spending so much on sprouts when I can sprout my own for pennies.  You can find these screens at your local co-op or natural food store.  It's pretty darn cool.  All you do is rinse the seeds (bought the seeds at the co-op as well), soak the seeds in about a cup of water for 4-8 hrs and then rinse and invert in a bowl like so.  Rinse at night and in the morning and invert until the sprouts are 1-2 inches long.  Wala, sprouts in 3-6 days (I just started these last night, already growing really well).  I want to get a second screen so I can always have sprouts for putting on salads, etc.  I even put them on my scrabbled eggs with salsa in the morning.  So yummy.
Close-up of screen, sorry its so fuzzy, you can see my hand clearly though, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment