Thursday, September 23, 2010

Homemade Almond Butter

I made homemade almond butter today.  It was super easy and so much cheaper than buying $13 raw organic almond butter in a jar.  Why when I can buy a pound of raw organic almonds for $6.49 a pound, well, they are on sale right now at the co-op, I might buy a bit more of them before the sale ends and put them in the freezer.  I have come to love raw almond butter, good for a diabetic diet, especially when a lot of my vices have been cut off.  I usually dip carrots, celery, or a couple squares of 88% chocolate in it.  Mmmm.....

I didn't add anything or roast them, etc., just straight raw almond butter from raw almonds.  I wish I had tried it sooner, but I didn't have the processor before now either, so perfect timing right?

So, I haven't posted new pics of the chicken coop, etc, I keep forgetting, lots to do around here.  I will get them and we are going to be building the milking stand for the goats next week.  We need to do a Marley clipping again before it gets super cold.  Oh, and we need to put a gate on half of the shed where Yogurt will be kidding, plus the landlord and I discussed where the garden is going to go and the compost pile.  He is also designing a rabbit hutch, because he'd like to have some meat rabbits, which I think is great, and something I wanted to do as well.  I did want to have rabbits in a movable rabbit tractor I guess you would call it.   It has slats in the bottom so they can't dig out, but they can still get fresh grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment