Friday, September 3, 2010

Garlic, Goat Pen, and Gardening. Oh my!

Hah! I'm silly. Anyway, I've been looking at garlic varieties and am thinking about the Susanville variety in the Sow True catalog (they are in Asheville). I'm also looking at We Grow Good Garlic, The Garlic Store, and Southern Exposure. Hmmm.... All these choices. I'm not sure how much I will need as of yet. I would like to have a couple of raised beds by the carport with lettuce and other greens, but not sure if that will be approved yet, I'm sure it will be fine. I've been thinking about winter sowing too. I think I will have lots of little mini greenhouses set-up. I need to look at what seeds I have and what needs to go in them and when. Lots of flower seeds of course on Dec. 21st and then I will start some tender annuals from there on.

The goat shelter is pretty much complete. The roof went on today and we just need to put fencing on the divider, get some straps off the side pallets, put wood pieces over a couple holes, and then figure out what to put on the floor or fill the gaps somehow. The fencing will be done by tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to get the rest done by tomorrow afternoon and by Monday. Sunday will be our day of reprieve, church and football. :) Maybe a bike ride somewhere in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment