Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 2009 Part 1: Picking Dave up from the airport.

33 days is a long time. That's all I have to say about that. LOL! We sent each other pictures and videos in between visits. Never have I wanted to stay in close contact with someone so far away. Really, 33 days, very long time. Hehe!

So, we finally got to see each other again on August 7th, 2009. I picked up Dave at the Sacramento airport. Anticipation was high. I couldn't wait to see Dave come down the escalator. Then he finally did and what an agonizing 10-15 seconds of him coming down the escalator. Hehe! And finally the hug and a kiss. Oh man, was waiting worth it. I did not want to let go. Hehe! We were all smiles all the way to my truck. I got to drive Dave around this time.

The first thing we did of course, go to the grocery store and buy nothing other than....Kombucha baby. LOL! We also went to Old Town Sacramento so we could buy my parents some chocolate from The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. My favorite place for chocolate. I'm just bias I guess since I worked at one for so long and I am a chocolate snob. Only the best. Anyway, after a minor spill of Kombucha along the way (trying to show Dave my Kombucha opening skillz) we headed up the hill to Smartsville.

I don't think you could wipe the grins off our faces. We were so happy to see each other again. The week was such a blur now that I think about it. It's so easy to be with Dave. I definately believe he is my soulmate.

So, the first person he met was my mom's nurse Karen, who later commented on how cute Dave was. LOL! Who instantly took to him. Both talkers. LOL! So, we went in and met my mom. Though I think Dave was overwhelmed at this point. Dave met my dad and we took sometime to be alone to talk, cuddle, and relax a bit. :D Seemed like a long day so far.

Next I took Dave on a short tour of the farm, which I don't really remember, but I think I did. LOL! Then we went to BriarPatch to go grocery shopping for the next couple days, have dinner and pick up chinese for the rest of the family. I have finally found someone who likes to go grocery shopping. LOL! That's exciting. We bought lots of avocado and some organic beer among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment