Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Still Nothing

I just checked our little winter sowing project and no little sprouts yet.  It has gotten really cold my goodness.  Hopefully they are warm enough in those milk jugs and we can get a few plants.

We bought a new flock to add to our hens and a big beautiful rooster.  I will take pictures soon.  So far the hens can hold their own against ours and are doing well.  They lay eggs too. : )  The rooster crows and breeds the hens unlike the other rooster, who we think was sick for a long time, we just didn't know it.  This rooster is huge and very colorful and not aggressive at all to people either.  I'm liking these non-aggressive roosters were getting, its very nice compared to the mean little poophead that we dealt with last.  He even attacked James, and that's a big no no.

Oh, and our Kombucha should be ready this weekend, though Dave wants it fizzy so I need to look into making it fizzy after the making of the scoby process of fermentation.  I can't wait to taste it.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment