Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nevember

November in Michigan is just beautiful! Though I started off November in CA and I was loving the sun and beautiful Fall weather in CA. I had a great time visiting James, my dad, and seeing my brother Mike and his lovely wife Leighann. I had a wonderful time harvesting seeds with Leighann. We had a great time discovering more seeds as we went along. Harvesting seeds every year is the way to go to utilize seeds that are now highly adapted to your soil, climate, etc. I also worked on the farm next door and found out they need Dave as a Ranch Assistant this next year. I can't wait to see him work the cows and steers, bale hay, manage the irrigation ditch, and help make wine. It will be so awesome. I will be managing all the gardens next door at the ranch while Dave is Ranch Assistant. That sounds so awesome, Ranch Assistant. Can't wait to see Dave getting dirty. Hahahahaha!

Anyway, as of today we are getting ready to move back to California in December. Steam cleaning the carpets so we can put the house on the market. We already have one person coming to look at the house next week. Yeah! So far I've also got most of the front yard ready. Weeded the area to plant bulbs and am in the process of raking and moving leaves. If we weren't selling the place I'd leave the leaves the on the lawn to insulate and put back in some nutrients, but were selling the house and so we need the lawn looking pretty. So, I'm putting a layer of leaves under the compost we will hopefully get on Friday or I will get on Friday since Dave is going to be gone. I get to play in compost all weekend. Yeah! I love that awesome black beautiful dirt. This is my favorite part of getting Dave's house ready for the market. Playing in the dirt. I will post pictures of before, during and after of Dave's front and side yard. It's going to look so great in the Spring when plants start to emerge. I'm planting lilly and tulip bulbs and spreading poppy seeds in all beds. The poppies are a pink double petal variety and they will look absolutely beautiful interspersed in the garden. So, here we go.

Oh and by the way, we have yet again changed the date of the wedding to April 10, 2010. Good thing we are moving sooner. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment